For the best lip gloss EVER
visit the LaughShineRepeat
online store!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

MEET JESSIE MARIE: An Inspiring Laugh SHINE Repeat Woman!


Almost a year ago, we profiled a few of our favorite make-up bags. (See the story HERE) One of the bags profiled was created by a St. Louis based designer named Jessie Marie. Her Red Doors brand instantly caught our attention. Not only did we fall madly in love with her designs, we became moved by Jessie’s story.

Jessie Marie is an inspiring Laugh SHINE Repeat woman who believes in the importance of spreading her light and creativity with others. We admire Jessie Marie and are pleased to partner with her brand, Red Doors this holiday season. The Happy Bag, created by Jessie Marie for Laugh SHINE Repeat is available for purchase online through January!


LSR: When did you know a career as a designer was for you?
Jessie Marie: I have always loved fashion, and had dreams of being in the industry since I was a young girl. I wasn't aware of my creative abilities until my mom bought me my first sewing machine a four years ago....and I haven't stopped creating since!

LSR: How did you come up with the name ‘Red Doors’ for your line of handbags?
Jessie Marie: Well, I married my husband in a beautiful church with these amazing red doors. I felt like they were a symbol of love, hope, inspiration, and the beginning of a new journey. I chose to name my company after them because I wish for my handbags to become a career that I love, inspiration for many, and it's been a wonderful new journey.


LSR: How long have you been designing handbags for your Red Doors brand?
Jessie Marie: I have been designing Red Doors handbags for 3 years...and hopefully continue to do so for a very long time!

LSR: From where do you draw your inspiration?
Jessie Marie: My inspiration comes from my daughter, Ayden. She revived my love of color and fun in fashion, and she also brought back my love of crafting. Also, I am known for obsessing over fabrics and I often let the fabric inspire me :)

LSR: Who are your role models?
Jessie Marie: My role models are my mother, my big sister, and all women who follow their dreams and do what they love.

LSR: What has been the biggest challenge of your career?
Jessie Marie: Oh my...there are so many! I would say the biggest challenge has been trying to expand my business while also being a stay-at-home mom to my two wonderful kids. It is so hard to find a balance and to be great at both of my loves. My babies have grown up so fast, and I know there will be plenty of time in the near future to build my career and my dreams as a designer. For now, I am just trying to enjoy all my blessings!


LSR: If you could pick any celebrity to sport a Red Doors for Laugh SHINE Repeat “Happy Bag” on a Hollywood red carpet, who would it be?
Jessie Marie: Blake Lively-- she's always wearing something amazing....and she seems to always be very happy, classy, and fun on the red carpet.

LSR: Is there a quote, scripture or mantra you live by?
Jessie Marie: There is not one specific verse or mantra I live by, but I do believe in living each day with the power of positive thinking. I also cherish my grandfather's favorite bible verse, Corinthians 2:9 "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man, The things which God has prepared for those who love Him". I find inspiration in this everyday!

LSR: What makes you happy?
Jessie Marie: Spending time with my husband, Ayden and Jackson (my babies), and my supportive friends and family. Happiness for me is also exploring my creativity, worshiping with my church family......peppermint mochas, spas, and spending time with positive people. A good run and spending time outdoors can do the trick too :)

Food For Thought: We all have a HAPPY BAG! It’s a special place at the core of our being with room enough to store a life time of joy. What will you put inside your HAPPY BAG today? There’s plenty of room! - Laugh SHINE Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment