For the best lip gloss EVER
visit the LaughShineRepeat
online store!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MEET LELA WOODS: AN INSPIRING LAUGH SHINE REPEAT WOMAN



“Life is death without adventure and adventure only comes to those who are daring and willing to take chances.” – Prince

A happy woman is a beautiful woman – like Lela Woods! We recently sat down and shot the breeze with Lela Woods; a fun loving, 20-something, mover and shaker from the Midwest who works as hard as she plays and never takes no for answer! Her laughter is like fresh air and her warm spirit is contagious! Lela loves her Laugh SHINE Repeat Fire Engine Red Glossware and hardly ever hits the town without it! We are inspired by Lela’s carefree spirit and we proudly celebrate her today! - xoxox


LSR: Growing up, what was your favorite fairy tale or children’s story?
Lela Woods: Walk Two Moons was a book I really loved. I still sometimes pick it up and read it as an adult, and it’s still magical.

LSR: What are the books you’ve meant to read but haven’t yet?
Lela Woods: Author Tana French has a series of books that I bought and have yet to start reading. I also need to take the time to finish reading Water for Elephants. This book is enchanting.

LSR: If you were in a carnival, what talent would you have?
Lela Woods: I would love to read palms. I had my palms read once, and I think it’s so cool to look into someone’s hands and tell them about themselves past, present, and future.

LSR: What do you value most in life?
Lela Woods: Family, they are the loves of my life. Friendship, true friends are rare, so I cherish the ones I have.

LSR: Is there a quote or mantra that you live by?
Lela Woods: Nothing clever, but for me finding happiness in myself is what I strive for everyday. You can't make someone else happy until you have it on your own.

LSR: Who are your role models?
Lela Woods: Tammie Holland - There's an aura about Tammie that I seriously cannot describe. She has love and respect from both men and women from all ages, races, and walks of life. She truly is an amazing woman.

My Grandmothers - They both came from two totally different worlds; they are amazing women, whom I love and aspire to be like.

Barack Obama - I remember reading his book Dreams From My Father before his dreams of presidency. And I remember thinking after I read it, "I really love this man" -not in a sexual way, but in a way a daughter loves her father. He is brilliant and inspiring.


LSR: You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly stipend of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select?
Lela Woods: Europe! I love Europe. The history, the food, the culture. If you sent me for a year, there’s a good chance I may not come back at all!

Food For Thought:

Adventures can offer personal challenges while opening new horizons for us all. How you perceive challenges will greatly determine your ability to be successful and happy. Step out on faith today and try something new! Enjoy this adventure called life!

3 comments: